YOUR PERSONAL INVITATION
TO AN INTERNATIONAL PEACE CORPS INFORMATION EVENT
You are cordially invited to a most enjoyable Peace Corps informational, recruitment and social event—all in one evening. Discover exciting international service opportunities in countries like Samoa, Paraguay, Ghana and Thailand. The function is sponsored by the Peace Corps, the Greater Birmingham Returned Peace Corps Volunteers, the University of Alabama at Birmingham (UAB) Sparkman Center for Global Health, the UAB School of Nursing, the UAB Career Center, the UAB Department of Social Work, the UAB Department of Public Administration, the UAB School of Education and the UAB Office of Service Learning and Undergraduate Education/Study Abroad.
The event will take place on Tuesday, October 1, 2019, from 5:30 p.m. to 8:00 p.m. in Room 318 of the University of Alabama in Birmingham Hill Student Center, 1400 University Boulevard, Birmingham, AL 35294. Kenyatta Spiller, Peace Corps Recruiter for Alabama, will be there representing the Peace Corps itself.
You will have opportunities to meet and talk with:
- Returned Peace Corps Volunteers
- Peace Corps Volunteers about to depart on their overseas assignments
- People “Nominated” for Peace Corps service
- Parents of Peace Corps Volunteers currently serving overseas
- Prospective Peace Corps Volunteers
- Those having a general interest in the Peace Corps
- Kenyatta Spiller, Peace Corps Recruiter for Alabama
- UAB staff members who will provide information about the Peace Corps Preparation Program at UAB
- UAB faculty and staff who will make presentations concerning financial assistance available though the Coverdell Peace Corps Fellowship Programs to people who have completed service as Peace Corps Volunteers. These programs are currently available at UAB in Public Health, Education, Public Administration and Nursing.
- Other folks with an “international outlook” or general interest in international experiences
Light food will be served. Kenyatta will have materials on the Peace Corps to hand out. Both Returned Peace Corps Volunteers and Kenyatta Spiller from the Peace Corps will be available to discuss the Peace Corps with you and answer questions. Parking is available on the street.
We are hoping approximately thirty or more people will attend. Please come. We’ll be delighted to see you there.
Feel free to call Dan Frederick, Publicity Coordinator for the Greater Birmingham Returned Peace Corps Volunteers, at 205/631-4680 or email at email@example.com if you have questions or would like more information